2527 Series Bi-axial Dynacell
During tests carried out on servohydraulic machines, elements of the system are subject to acceleration. As a result, in addition to the force applied to the specimen, the load cell also reads forces resulting from its own movement and the mass of the grips and fixtures attached to it.
Dynacell is the world's first truly dynamic load cell, designed from the outset for measuring dynamic loads. Dynacell introduces the following advantages:
- Reduces dynamic load errors which can be a significant percentage of reading
- Increases productivity by allowing higher frequency operation while maintaining test validity
- Improvements such as doubling the frequency are common
Principle Of Operation
Dynacell utilises an accelerometer right at the heart of the load cell, directly on the load axis. This removes the risk of errors in the acceleration reading resulting from off-center loading.
This has the following advantages:
- The accelerometer is on the load line eliminating both amplitude and phase errors
- Automatic set-up takes less than one minute
- Set-up is consistent and reliable between operators
For users who wish to do this themselves, they have the option to switch this feature on or off and set the correction factor manually. The resulting signal is then subtracted from the load cell signal to produce the true force on the specimen.
- All Instron 2527 Series Dynacell dynamic load cells, when used with FastTrack 8800 Series, will meet the requirements of ISO 75001/1 Class 0.5, ASTM E4, EN10002 Part 2, JIS (B7721, B7733) and ISO 10002 Part 2.