Industrial Series KX Models
Designed primarialy for high-capacity tension testing, KX Models feature a large, single test space and fixed height crosshead. Understanding the critical importance of operator safety, these frames incorporate high-quality materials, components, and craftsmanship and are ideal for testing rebar, steel plate, wire rod and strand.
- Ideal system for testing common sized specimen with non-adjustable crosshead design
- Convenient working height and ergonomic controls improve operator productivity and comfort
- Long stroke, high speed actuator is well-suited for tension applications requiring repetitive testing of similar-sized specimens
- Anti-rotation system prevents actuator from rotating during test stroke
- Productivity panel with multiple function keys and displays allows the operator to perform common testing functions and view key test information without returning to the computer
- Powerful, yet user friendly materials testing software provides repeatable and reproducible results for simple to sophisticated testing requirements
- Variable pressure hydraulic power supply provides pressure on demand, reducing heat generation, increasing oil life, and eliminating the need for water cooling
Range of Models
- 600KX - 600 kN (135,000 lbf)
- 1500KX - 1500 kN (337,500 lbf)
- Metals - Bar, Plate, Pipe & Tube, Rebar, Structural
- Wire - Rod, Strand
StandardsKX Models conform to many international standards, including (but not limited to):
- ASTM A370, A615, E4, E8, E290, F606
- ISO 6892-1, 6892-2, 7438, 7500-1, 9513, 15630-1
- BS 4449
- EN 10002-1, 10002-2
- JIS Z2241, Z2248
- Contact us for additional compliance information
The Instron® Industrial Series KX Models are designed primarily for high-capacity tension testing. Featuring an ultra-large single test space and fixed-height crosshead, these frames deliver advanced testing capabilities for many applications and are available in capacities ranging from 600 - 1500 kN (135,000 - 337, 500 lbf). Understanding the critical importance of operator safety, the KX Models incorporate high-quality materials, components, and craftsmanship.
- 265.8 KB
The trend toward high-strength, lightweight materials for the aerospace, energy, construction, and transportation industries requires materials testing systems to be durable, yet maintain precise control while generating critical test data. Software user interfaces must be easy to use, yet flexible enough to meet the increasing demands of the testing world. The Industrial Series delivers exceptional performance packaged in reliable, innovative system designs that offer superior accuracy and repeatability, improved safety, and an overall enhanced user experience.
- 2.6 MB
Bluehill Universal Software is built from the ground-up for touch interaction and an intuitive user experience. Discover simpler and smarter testing with features such as pre-loaded test methods, QuickTest in seconds, enhanced data exporting: and Instron Connect – a new feature that provides a direct communication link to Service. Users of previous versions of software such as Bluehill 2 and Bluehill 3 can easily upgrade to the newest version of Bluehill.
- 1.4 MB
Instron® hydraulic side-acting grips provide an innovative solution for high-capacity testing and deliver enhanced gripping performance, usability, and operator safety over traditional grip designs. These advanced grips maintain a constant clamping force on the specimen that acts perpendicular to the direction of testing and is independent of tensile loading.
- 1.1 MB
Instron® hydraulic wedge grips provide an innovative solution for high capacity testing and deliver enhanced gripping performance, usability, and operator safety.
- 1.1 MB
The AutoX 750 is a high-resolution, long-travel automatic contacting extensometer. It can be mounted onto any electromechanical 3300, 5500, or 5900 table top and floor model systems, as well as LX, DX, HDX, and KN static hydraulic testing systems. It is well suited for applications involving plastics, metals, biomedical, composites, elastomers, and more. The AutoX has a maximum travel of 750 mm and accuracy of ± 1 µm.
- 1.4 MB