WaveMatrix2 Dynamic Software
WaveMatrix2 Dynamic Testing Software
WaveMatrix2 is built on the stable and powerful WaveMatrix engine which has been developed for more than 15 years. We have always and continue to make improvements under the hood but the release of WaveMatrix2 brings with it some headline new features that we should bring your attention to. These features are all aimed at making simple testing even simpler and at raising awareness of all of the powerful features that have been added to WaveMatrix over the past decade to help you get more out of your testing systems.
NEW - Quick Test
A 5 step test wizard for setting up common application tests in seconds. This guided wizard allows you to setup complete methods with just a few taps and even fewer input parameters. Choose between a simple, static-ramp (linear or torsion), gripped fatigue or compressive fatigue and have your method built for you by WaveMatrix2. IN each case we have reduced the tests down the very simplest they could be to give your users confidence as they learn and develop. Quick test is designed to make you feel like you have an applications engineer from Instron working by your side as we setup data acquisition, graphs, control modes, peaks, stress and strain channels for you. In seconds you will have method build for exactly what you needed. Most importantly of all, after you use QuickTest to create a method - you are free to edit, review and modify the methods as you need, to learn from the tools and techniques we have used to build the method or of course you can just start the test.
NEW - Tutorial Videos
We understand that there is always time pressure in a productive laboratory environment and there can be challenges training new staff members to use equipment to a high standard. Whilst tutorial videos are no replacement for proper training from Instron service - they do provide a fantastic base of knowledge to refresh your memory of formal training or to raise awareness of features that you may not have used before. WaveMatrix2 comes with video tutorials available to watch and accompany you while you are building test methods. The cover a range of topics form basic machine setup including key elements of Console through to advanced modules and functionality offered by WaveMatrix. They are a quick and easy way to see what tools are available for improving efficiency, repeatability and capability in the lab. As always these are supported by more 'context sensitive' help which is available from anywhere in the software - just press F1 if you need specific help relating to what screen you are looking at.
NEW - Example Methods
As a compliment to the tutorial videos, we wanted to provide you with pre-made examples of some of the great features available in the software. Most of these methods do not require a specimen and can simply be run on the machine in free air to demonstrate certain features and functionality. There is no better way to see what your machine is capable of that seeing it in real life. In the future we will also be providing additional video tutorials which tie up directly with the example methods provided and explain how they were built. Until then it is still easy to open up a method, run it and then look at the method to understand how it was configured to deliver the results.
Both Example Methods and Tutorial Videos are included when you buy WaveMatrix2 but will be updated regularly and you will be able to stay up to date in future by ordering a stand-alone media disc "WaveMatrix2 Tutorial Videos and Example Methods" 2495-920.
- Support for all Instron 8800 control axes and sensor conditioning channels
- Up to a maximum of 24 channels of control or acquisition
- Control or acquisition of temperature from a Eurotherm 2408CC or 3200CC device
- Capable of 1ms interblock transfer time from one step in the sequence to the next
- Trend monitoring function - a change in max, min, mean or amplitude from a user defined reference cycle can be used to control test flow or end test- Amplitude control to correct for peak errors in a cyclic waveform
- Supported waveform types; sine, triangle, square, holds, ramps, trapezoidal, user defined turn points files, and sample data playback
- Mixed mode control on cyclic waveforms
- User defined events to control test progress
- The ability to automatically balance extensometers and derived position channels at any stage of the test
- Up to four real time graphs; X-Y, Double Y, Trend, Multi channel, chart recorder
- Single and nested looping of steps
- Advanced Data Reduction; either on time basis or change in channel value.
- Extensive data logging; per cycle data (max /min /amplitude /mean level), full hysteresis data, or both combined; at linear, logarithmic, change in value or user defined intervals
- Data storage to computer disk in ASCII CSV format
- Ability to pause and resume a test, either immediately or at some point in the future
- Control of digital and analogue outputs
- Waveform start and stop enveloping
- Tracking and Peak & Trend Live Displays
- Can be expanded with Calculations (D1) or Advanced Control (E1) modules
- Set of Electronic Manuals in PDF Format
- Available in English, French, German or Japanese
WaveMatrix2 software for dynamic and fatigue testing delivers flexibility - run everything from a simple static ramp, to cyclic waveforms through to complex multi-step, multi-axial tests. The highly-visual environment with integrated tabular screens, clear menu structures, time-based matrix test preview, and configurable live test workspace is designed to be intuitive and instill user confidence. It is packed with intelligent features for fatigue testing such as data reduction and built-in project organization designed to simplify your testing.
- 3.3 MB
WaveMatrix Advanced Control is an upgrade to WaveMatrix that offers additional control modes and waveform types.
- 411.9 KB
Increase the throughput and consistency of your composites and polymers testing by optimizing the test frequency with the Specimen Self-Heating Control. This powerful add-on is specific for WaveMatrix™ Software. Composites and various other materials are prone to significant self-heating effects during cyclic loading, but their performance also shows strong temperature dependence. This has traditionally led to fatigue testing at very low frequencies to minimize specimen heating and the resultant degradation in mechanical properties. A test run for a single S/N dataset could mean weeks of machine time. Specimen Self-Heating Control can significantly reduce this, while providing previously unachievable confidence in test temperature. This patented system achieves and maintains a specified test temperature by varying test frequency in response to a specimen temperature input.
- 1.1 MB
The Calculation Module is an upgrade to WaveMatrix Software that offers extended capabilities for data processing and calculations.
- 456.1 KB